EXAMPLE OF A TYPICAL DAY IN THE SECOND STEP OF THE PROTEIN DIET NEWDIET®
4 p.m. snack
It’s possible to switch lunch with diner, meaning that you can you can eat a protein meal at lunchtime and a real meal at dinnertime or vice-versa. You can swap them as you wish.
ALLOWED TYPES OF VEGETABLES
THE EXPANDED LIST
The following vegetables can be eaten in unlimited quantities in the second half of step 2 (unless specified otherwise):
- Tomatoes (max. 2 per day)
- Onions, garlic
- Pepper (max. 1 per day)
- Turnip cabbage (max. 1 per day)
- Olives (max. 5 olives per day with a salad)
- Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc.), max. 1 teaspoon per day to season salad
ALLOWED TYPES OF REAL MEALS DURING STEP 2 = ANIMAL AND PLANT BASED PROTEINS
The following are types of animal and plant based proteins that can be eaten from the 2nd half of step 2 of the NEWDIET® weight-loss program (servings weighing 150g, unless specified otherwise).
- 2 ORGANIC eggs (hard-boiled or soft boiled) – one more egg is allowed compared to the list from step 1
- Salmon steak (100 g)
- Tuna steak (100 g)
INTRODUCING PROTEIN BARS INTO YOUR DIET PROGRAM
NEWDIET® protein bars have to be introduced slowly to your menu. They are a replacement for one NEWDIET® protein meal starting from the second half of step 2.
WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO START EXERCISING?
It’s highly desirable to start exercising (at least 1 hour 2-3x a week) from the second half of step 2, so as soon as you implement protein bars into your menu. The following activities are suitable: running, spinning, pilates, swimming etc. In other words, aerobic exercise, during which you will sweat and run out of breath is the best (chess, yoga, downhill skiing or gold do not meet these criteria!).
MOST COMMON MISTAKES IN STEP 2
- Dumplings and similar foods do not fall under the term „side-dish“ as those have to disappear from your diet once and for all. The same applies for almost all meals typical for Swiss cuisine.
- „Carbohydrates“ or „sugars“ does not refer to lump sugar, desserts, ice cream or chocolate. These also have to disappear from your diet once and for all.
- The same applies to white bread, which has to be permanently replaced by dark bread.
- Not exercising enough (running, spinning, swimming, working out)
- Failing to follow instructions regarding the necessity of eating regularly 4x a day.
- According to the saying „the same causes result in the same consequences“, you will gain your lost weight back if you don’t radically change the eating habits that led to your extra weight in the first place.