EXAMPLE OF A TYPICAL DAY IN THE FIRST STEP OF THE PROTEIN DIET NEWDIET®
4 p.m. snack
It’s possible to switch lunch with diner, meaning that you can eat a protein meal at lunchtime and a real meal at dinnertime or vice-versa. You can swap them as you wish.
Allowed types of vegetables can be eaten anytime during day in unlimited quantities.
Keep in mind that it’s important to drink regularly during the day (tea, coffee, sugar-free mineral water /ideally flat or only lightly sparkling water/) a minimum of 2L per day!
You can spice the NEWDIET® protein meals with salt or any spice you like including dried garlic and dried onion.
It’s compulsory to add 1 tablespoon of high-quality cold pressed olive oil (or evening primrose or rapeseed oil). It’s a source of omega fatty acids and acts as prevention against problems with gall bladder.
ALLOWED TYPES OF VEGETABLES DURING STEP 1
THE BASIC LIST
You can eat only the following types of vegetables during the 1st step of the protein diet:
- Aubergine (eggplant)
- Brussel sprouts
- Cabbage (regular or Chinese) fresh or sour (sour only if without any added sugar)
- Classic radish
- Eggplant (aubergine)
- Green beans
- Mushrooms – including shiitake, oyster mushrooms and other types of edible mushrooms
- Salads including the butterhead lettuce, the oak leaf and any other type of salad
- Salad Rocket
- Soy sprouts and other (wheat, mango, lentil sprouts etc.)
- Tomatoes (max. 1 per day)
- White radish
Vegetables are eaten either raw as a salad, seasoned with one table spoon of high quality oil (with a maximum of one tablespoon of oil per day), steam cooked or stewed in water.
You can use practically all kinds of dried spices, lemon juice, dried onions, dried garlic and vinegar. On the other hand, just as mustard, ready-made sauces are almost always unsuitable (yoghurt, herb, barbecue sauces etc.)
Use as much salt as you’d like during step 1 (it’s better to use more than less).
OUR ADVICE: Enrich your salad with two hard-boiled eggs – but use only egg whites! They have a satiating effect so you won’t feel hungry after eating only a salad!
ALLOWED TYPES OF REAL MEALS DURING STEP 1 = ANIMAL AND PLANT BASED PROTEINS
(servings weighing 150g, unless specified otherwise)
- 1 ORGANIC egg (hard-boiled or soft-boiled)
- Bream (100 g)
- Chicken or duck liver (100 g)
- Chicken, turkey or rabbit meat without skin
- Cod (100 g)
- Eel (100 g)
- Gilt-head bream
- Lamb or mutton leg (100 g)
- Lean or diet („low fat“) ham (100 g)
- Perch (100 g)
- White Amur or grass carp (100 g)
- Sea bass
- Silver carp (100 g)
- Sushi (100 g)
- Tofu (natural, with kelp, smoked…)
- Trench (100 g)
- Well-cooked veal steak – 100 g
- Zander (100 g)
In step 1, meat containing too much fat (or too many calories) is excluded (salmon, tuna, mackerel, pike, carp, seafood, pork, beef, duck etc.).
PREPARING „REAL“ MEALS
- Marinating meat is the best way to prepare it
- It’s also possible to fry the real meal (meat, tofu etc.) on several drops of high-quality olive oil
OUR ADVICE: Teach yourself to eat fish meat regularly. Keep in mind that the lighter the color of the meat in its raw state is, the better and easier to digest it is for the organism. Discover tofu, visit a vegetarian or vegan restaurant!
IN STEP 1 OF THE PROTEIN DIET NEWDIET®, YOU MUST AVOID
All other foods such as: all types of bread, crackers, cereal, fruit, fruit juices, all types of starchy foods (potatoes, rice, beans), yoghurts and cheeses, alcohol (including beer and wine), vegetables not on the list of allowed vegetables etc.
Sugar intake is strictly prohibited, if desired you can use artificial sweeteners (such as aspartame) or sugar substitute based on the stevia plant.
You will never be unsure of what to eat. This is what makes the protein diet NEWDIET® the easiest and most effective weight-loss method.
The length of step 1 depends on the amount of weight you need to lose. Usually it lasts between 10 to 30 days.
PREPARING INSTANT MEALS („SACHETS“)
- Sweet flavored „DESSERTS“ are prepared using a beater or a mixer by adding cold water to the instant powder from the NEWDIET® sachet. Depending on the amount of water added, the meal will either be a cream or a beverage. Let the fruit flavoured desserts rest for 10 minutes before eating them. In the summer, you can let it rest in the fridge and eat it like a yoghurt.
- Sweet flavoured „HOT DRINKS“ are prepared using a beater or a mixer by adding warm (but not boiling) water.
- Salty flavoured „SOUPS“ are prepared using a beater or a mixer and adding warm (but not boiling) water. Serve them immediately. You can also flavor them with all kinds of spices according to what you like.
- Dough for omelettes and pancakes is prepared by adding the indicated amount of cold water and mixing with a beater or mixer. They are prepared on a pan on a couple of drops of olive oil, just as classic pancakes and omelettes would be prepared.
- Always add the exact amount of water indicated on each NEWDIET® sachet! Do not „guesstimate“ the amounts!
ADVICE ON „WHAT TO DO SO THAT I DON’T EXPERIENCE…“
Dizziness may be caused by a lack of sodium that the body loses during the first step, just as is the case for other minerals. This is why it’s important to add more salt to your meals than you would normally use to the allowed vegetables. Also remember that in step 1, it’s important to eat at least one salty NEWDIET® meal.
Cramps (muscles cramps and similar) are frequently associated with a lack of magnesium and potassium. It’s necessary to provide the organism with magnesium and potassium with food supplements during the 1st step. If patients use these supplements regularly from the beginning of the diet, such problems appear only very rarely.
Feelings of weakness
When you lose weight, your organism perceives it as a period of „deficiency“ or energy shortage, as it has to function from its own reserves. Therefore it’s appropriate to supply the organism with polyunsaturated fatty acids (the so-called omega acids) in the form of food supplements especially during the first two steps of the NEWDIET® program.
ADVICE ON „WHAT TO DO IF I EXPERIENCE…“
It may occur if you underestimate the need for eating enough vegetables. Should it happen, make sure you are eating enough allowed vegetables (ideally cooked) and drink a lot of mineral water. If you are the type of person to suffer from constipation, a natural laxative will be able to help.
An intense feeling of hunger
If the NEWDIET® protein diet regime is properly followed, any feelings of hunger will disappear on the second or third day of the diet. Should you still feel hungry, eat an extra bowl of allowed vegetables and drink a lot of water. Another option is to eat one extra NEWDIET® protein meal. On the other hand, if you aren’t feeling hungry at all and feel satiated, do not skip any protein meals! Your organism is losing weight thanks to the proteins you get from NEWDIET® meals! If you follow all the recommendations, feeling hungry will be a downright rare occurrence.
Headaches are among the rare phenomena accompanying the protein diet and can appear within the first couple of days of the weight-loss program. They tend to disappear quickly after taking regular analgesics (painkillers), such as paracetamol or ibuprofen. Do not forget to put enough salt in your meals! Headaches can also occur if you have a lack of sodium!
Bad breath is caused due to the natural formation of ketones (acetone) during the course of the NEWDIET® protein diet. Its presence in breath is in itself an indication that you are following the diet well. If bad breath is distracting you, use mouth spray or peppermint candies without sugar.
A lower or delayed weight-loss
Do not control your weight every day. Generally speaking, one should step on a scale no more than 1x a week (!) during the NEWDIET® protein diet. During the 10 days preceding menstruation, some women experience water retention in the body which might induce „swelling“. This can conceal the loss of weight for a few days. An apparent lack of weight-loss during this period will prove to be standard and big enough right after the hormonally induced water retention disappears along with the „swelling“.
MOST COMMON MISTAKES IN STEP 1
- Failing to balance between sweet and salty protein meal flavours
- Not eating enough proteins due to being satiated (such as „I ate two sachets per day and wasn’t feeling hungry at all!“)
- Eating protein bars during this step (not allowed in step 1)
- Not drinking enough water (during step 1, it’s important to drink at least 2L of fluids per day)
- Adding sugar or honey to beverages (it’s necessary to use stevia, aspartame or other similar sweeteners)
- An inconsistent the use of minerals (potassium, magnesium) and other important substances in the form of food supplements and the resulting physical problems (cramps in the calves, muscle requires absolute abstinence, 1 glass of wine per day is allowed starting from step 3 only!)